Tijuana's upscale Zona Rio has fine restaurants, museums, galleries, clubs, first-class hotels, malls, casinos and some of the best board certified dentists in Mexico for your dental implants, cosmetic dentistry and oral restoration.
Reprinted with permission from Dental Tourism News Today
FIND the Right Board Certified Tijuana Dentist for Your Dental Implants, Oral Surgery, Orthodontics and more!
If you are like most Americans who cross the border daily searching for a Tijuana dentist you want one who is an expert dentist for root canals, crowns, orthodontics and dental implants.
A cleaning? You can get that at home but you can't get advanced dentistry in the US for a reasonable price anymore.
You have to be careful in Tijuana when selecting a dentist for your important dental work as most dentists in Tijuana are only general dentists and they'd love to have a chance at doing your dental implants or cosmetic dental makeover.
Avoid general dentists when in need of something serious such as a crown, root canal or dental implant in Tijuana and go for the real deal. A Board Certified Tijuana dentist can save you a lot of money and get your dentistry made right the first time. General dentists have not been trained in specialist dental college for advanced procedures.
You've heard by now that you can literally save 1,000’s of dollars on your dental implants or cosmetic dentistry in Tijuana. The numbers are tantalizing: Crowns for only $350-650usd that cost $800 to $2,500 in the US. Dental implants with name brand units complete with crowns costing $4,500 to $6,000 or more in the US are only $2,100. by a certified implantologist in Tijuana.
But you have to know where to go to get the work done right because if you let a general dentist in Tijuana under the hood - you may have to get the work done over again if you are unlucky.
Here's the problema in Mexico:
There are 2 kinds of dentists in Mexico doing advanced dentistry - generals AND dental specialists. And US dental patients should understand the difference between the two when they cross the border searching for affordable crowns, dental implants or a full mouth restoration
General dentists in Mexico are permitted to perform advanced dental procedures such as root canals, crowns, oral surgery and implants despite a general dentist's lack of formal training and qualifications for advanced dental procedures. (Please read that again) The Mexican government doesn't stand in the way of a general dentist trying to earn a living by trial and error on unsuspecting patients.
- A general dentist in Mexico can take a quickie weekend course in dental implants from an implant manufacturer or buy a whitening machine and call himself a cosmetic dentist. Some even call themselves 'Specialists.'
- There's little truth in advertising south of the border. Especially when it's in English.
But a general dentist who calls himself a specialist does not in anyway equal the 2-6 years of additional formal schooling necessary that a Mexican (or US) dentist has to complete to become a Board Certified Dentist - a real true, won't-let-you-down, dental specialist meeting the standards of the American and Mexican Dental Associations.
Dental patients having large treatments performed by general dentists in Tijuana Mexico risk having their expensive dental work having to be redone due to the general dentist's lack of training. And it happens. After all – they never attended dental specialist’s school to learn to do advanced dentistry the correct way.
Things that can go wrong include:
- Implants misaligned, crowns or bridges that are set too close
- Crowns & veneers set with poor adhesives new crowns poorly color matched
- Procedures that shouldn't be performed due to general health, gum or bone issues and more etc.
- Worse - implants performed on unsuitable patients and the procedures fail causing infection and the implants having to be removed.
Board certified dentists in Mexico cost the same as general dentists in Mexico, so there's little reason not to go for a true certified dentist in Mexico when it comes to anything beyond the normal cleaning, filling and pulling that general dentists are trained to do.
- Over 85% of dentists in Mexico are just basic general dentists. In Mexico, general dentists take advantage of their countries soft heath care regulations and advertise like crazy for lucrative advanced dental treatment patients they are not certified for.
- Often they have lots of certificates on their website and salon wall attesting (in Spanish) to their attendance to a dental convention seminar on dental implants. A few seminars do not equate years spent learning specialist dentistry in dental specialist college.
For Tijuana Dentist Prices, Free Estimates by Certified Dentists (no call center agents) Referrals, Appointments and Dental Tourism Info contact the Board Certified Mexico Dental Association
Author David de Los Angeles – is a Mexico dental, healthcare writer and consumer advocate. He believes Mexican dental vacations are a good solution to the US dental health care crisis.
Content Copyright, All rights reserved, todo las derechos reservados. David de Los Angeles, url: www.angelswrote.com,